Tuesday 7 August 2007

Off to Gunnedah!

Heading off this afternoon, so no blogging for few days. Oh No!!! LOL!!!

Had to frog my socks 12 rows in as Amelia pulled out one of my needles and there was no picking up that many stitches. So I had to restart that. I am now about 3 rows into that. Last night I had to put the socks down as the pattern takes quite a bit of concentration.

So not wanting to stop knitting, I looked through my new Hollywood Knits book and found this cute mobile phone cover. It is a no-brainer really with 65 rows of knit and purl. The only 'thinking' bit was in the gap for the display screen. I had to add a couple of stitches in width and I changed the clasp from the snap the pattern asked for to a button and loop as I didn't have any snaps and wanted to get it done to give to my Mum tomorrow. A cute bit of nonsense but I like it! I am taking all my books and folders with me to show my sister as I thought she might like to try something more challenging than a scarf, maybe a dishcloth or beanie.

Heres to hoping I am back on Sunday with at least one Broadripple sock done!

No comments: